We’re really excited about ARCO’s What Next? 2019 conference with housing, care and support for our ageing population riding so high on the Government’s agenda.
This year we’re moving the conference to London’s Royal Horticultural Halls so we can accommodate our ever-increasing number of attendees - more than 500 visited the conference last year.
We believe our growing success, since our first conference four years ago, is down to our inspirational speakers and original content and discussions which help move the Retirement Community agenda on, leading to new debate and ideas about the sector’s future. And we hope this year’s conference on July 10 and 11 will be just as thought-provoking.
Our key speaker Sir Muir Gray, a renowned expert on healthcare systems, will talk about the latest research on lifespans versus healthspans.
Sir Gray has worked in many senior positions for the National Health Service in England since 1972 and founded the National Library for Health as well as establishing and then being Director of the UK National Screening Committee.
He will reveal how our increased life expectancy isn’t keeping up with our healthy life expectancy and what we can do to reduce the years of frailty
Other main themes include:
- Risk and reward – exploring the large-scale shift towards operators taking on additional levels of risk, providing sought-after certainty for consumers and creating long-term sustainable businesses.
- Crunching the numbers - how we need to produce high-quality data and contribute to the evidence base the sector needs in order to transform operational delivery and funding models
- Responsibility - how we can maintain high standards and work towards sector-specific legislation as set out in our Vision 2030.
- The changing world around us - Retirement Communities and the changing policy agenda around Brexit, the social care green paper and the NHS Long Term Plan
- New entrants and models - hear about the latest innovation in the sector, from new midmarket offerings to why care home operators are moving into providing flexible personalised support.
The main conference takes place on Wednesday, July 10 followed by ARCO 'Sector Social', the largest drinks and networking event in the housing with care sector.
The optional Knowledge Exchange Day on Thursday, July 11 then provides the opportunity for deeper exploration of the key topics facing the retirement community sector. Attendees can choose four workshops from a range of interactive options.
Please note tickets for Day 2 have previously sold out approximately a month in advance because of limited capacity and we expect this year to be substantially oversubscribed. They go on sale in March and will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sign up here to be kept up to date on the latest news on ARCO’s What’s Next? conference.