If your organisation operates a retirement community or is in the process of building one, you may be eligible to become an ARCO Member. Full details about all membership options will be published soon.
If you are already a Member, the key contact at your organisation will receive an email from us with instructions on how to re-register in due course.
Full Members benefit from the following:
- Eligibility to stand for election to the ARCO board at the AGM
- Participation at the annual AGM, with voting rights in the election of Board members
- Registration of all schemes with the ARCO Standard, including a membership certificate to be displayed in every registered community
- Invitation to attend (or send representatives) to topical workshops organised throughout the year, free of charge
- Access to ARCO marketing materials and participation in campaigns
- Self-portrait on the ARCO website
- Listing of registered communities on the ARCO website
- Use of ARCO branding rights
- Inclusion of your logo in ARCO collateral and presentations
To be eligible for ARCO membership an organisation must operate or be building to operate at least one Retirement Community which fulfils ARCO’s eligibility criteria. An ARCO registered Retirement Community must:
- Be primarily for older people.
- Offer self-contained accommodation that can be occupied with security of tenure.
- Enable residents to take advantage of personal care that is delivered flexibly, usually by staff based on the premises.
- Have staff available at the Retirement Community 24-hours a day.
- Make domestic services available for residents.
- Make meals available in restaurants or dining areas.
- Offer communal facilities and encourage an active social programme in the community.
- Aim to offer people a home for life and to enable them to ‘age in place’.
ARCO Accelerator Programme
The ARCO Accelerator Programme is a structured package of information and support for potential new entrants planning their entry into the UK housing-with-care market. Please see the ARCO Accelerator Programme for further information.
For organisations working in the Retirement Community sector that do not themselves operate (or are building to operate) a Retirement Community, we offer a variety of partnership options.
Please contact Ellie Pyemont, Head of Membership & Operations, to discuss your options of becoming an ARCO member.