Information and guidance from ARCO's latest Social Care and Covid-19 Member Update, sent 28/10/2022:
Covid-19 and flu vaccination campaign
As you may be aware, DHSC have launched the autumn/winter Covid-19 and flu vaccination campaign, and over the coming weeks, adverts will air across television, radio, social and digital media, stressing the importance of people getting both vaccines to increase their protection this winter.
DHSC are now looking for our support in promoting this campaign to help encourage all those eligible to come forward for vaccination.
How we and you can help:
- Sharing up-to-date, accurate information increases awareness and supports vaccine uptake, as well as countering misinformation that can exist online and within communities. You can help get the message out by:
- Sharing information about the vaccination programme via your various channels - such as social media, newsletters, interviews and visits - to support the flow of credible information.
- Re-posting digital content from the UKHSA, DHSC and NHSE social media platforms relating to the flu and COVID-19 vaccine and encouraging audiences to come forward for vaccination
To help you with this, please find attached a Communications Support Pack which provides information on vaccine eligibility, key messaging and links to free campaign resources - digital, online and printable.
Fuel Disruption and Social Care
The Local Government Association, in partnership with the Care Provider Alliance, has published new guidance to support councils, LRFs and care providers in responding to future challenges around fuel supply. It aims to:
- clarify the national framework for responding to fuel disruption
- create shared understanding and expectations about the actions that can be taken in the event of future disruption to fuel supplies, as well as the limitations of these, and
- highlight examples of the type of local support that has worked well within that context.
Read more here.
Covid Commemoration – Have your say
The UK Commission on Covid Commemoration has launched a consultation giving people across the UK the opportunity to say how they think the pandemic should be remembered and with possible suggestions including the adoption of a Remembrance Sunday-style symbol, dedicated memorials and reflective spaces. Closing date is 5 December.
Find out more from ARCO:
Since the beginning of the Covid-19 outbreak in the UK, ARCO has shared and provided advice on Covid-19 guidance through a variety of mediums, including update emails, regular online discussion and bulletins.
- If you would like to receive the regular Covid-19 and social care update email that ARCO sends out, including all the latest information and guidance relevant for Integrated Retirement Communities, then please email Sam Dalton, Policy and External Affairs Manager, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you work for an ARCO member and would like to join the ARCO Operational Forum to discuss the latest guidance and key operational issues for the IRC sector, and to have your questions answered, then please email Sally Ireland, Barrister and Head of Regulation and Compliance, via email@example.com.